Pulman Steel has a long and successful history of steel stockholding dating back to 1830 when the company was founded. Later in 1898, C Shoesmith and J Illingworth, both Iron and Steel Merchants, joined forces to incorporate the company and take control. Today, Pulman Steel continues to operate as a family run business from offices and warehouses in Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, close to where it started, and by descendents of these two visionary gentlemen.
The names of previous generations of many of our customers are found in our historical ledgers, proof of our commitment to maintaining a lasting and mutually rewarding relationship.
Please take a moment to view some of our old photos, 'Click image to enlarge'.