The job entails learning to fettle work pieces using hand held grinders, collation of completed and part work orders, despatching, loading, banding, palletising and shrink wrapping in a safe and timely manner to fulfil our customers’ requirements. Some of this work will be carried out with the aid of fork lift trucks, overhead cranes and pallet trucks.
Within that process you will be expected to become competent, after training, in the following.
- Pick orders from our racking system/fettling/despatch areas using overhead crane, fork truck or by manual handling.
- Use our fork truck/crane to load and unload the racking system and vehicles.
- Unload and check incoming buy out materials.
- Moving cut Profiles from the machines to the designated fettling area
- Fettling Profiled materials using a hand held grinder.
- Assembling and picking and packaging of completed works orders.
- Undertake the daily checks on the fork truck and other Profile associated equipment.
- Ensure you work safely adhering to the companies H & S requirements.
- Full car license required.
- Keep your work areas clean and tidy, assisting with profiling machine bed cleaning.
PPE will be supplied including ear defenders and you will be expected to wear it at all times when on the shop floor.
Hours of work: 39 hours per week:
Monday – Thursday 1.50 p.m. till 10.-00 p.m. with 30 minutes paid break and 10 minutes unpaid break
Friday - 12.50 p.m. till 8.00 p.m. with 30 minutes paid break and 10 minutes unpaid break
Please note these may change to meet the needs of the business
Salary: 15,578.89 per annum + £1,040.00 per annum late shift allowance
Holidays : 25 days per year + 8 bank holidays (holiday year January – December)
We require applicants with a good level of concentration, focussed and with a strong work ethic for our busy profiling department.