The job entails learning to use our saws safely to cut all sorts of different steel according to customers’ orders. Bundling and marking orders for presentation to the customer. Safe operation of overhead cranes, and flexibility to assist with other operations within the department. Good judgement when planning your day to ensure that all work is processed correctly and on time.
Within that process you will be expected to become competent, after training, in the following:
- Operate our overhead cranes safely. Be able to sling loads correctly and use magnets and straps where appropriate.
- Understand the principals of manual handling and demonstrate that you can manually handle steel correctly.
- Learn the different products that we saw and be able to pick those products correctly.
- Be able to understand the job card system we operate and complete the job card once an order has been cut.
- Understand and be able to work our steel off cut system.
- Learn how to operate at all of our saws correctly. Demonstrate that you can work the saw safely.
- Learn the different saw blades and their applications. Be able to change the saw blades correctly and safely. Learn how to clean the saw.
- Understand the need to check material before cutting to ensure it is correct, to check the cut size before cutting and check a sample of cuts after cutting.
- Learn how to package and label different cut sizes and quantities of completed orders.
- Ensure your work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Work closely with colleagues in the warehouse to assist with the day to day shop floor operation.
PPE will be supplied and you will be expected to wear it at all times when on the shop floor.
Hours of work: 39 hours per week:
Monday – Thursday 1.50 p.m. till 10.00 p.m. with 30 minutes paid break and 10 minutes unpaid break
Friday - 12.50 p.m. till 8.00 p.m. with 30 minutes paid break and 10 minutes unpaid break
Please note these may change to meet the needs of the business
Salary: £15,992.52 per annum + a late shift allowance of £1040.00 per annum
Holidays: 25 days per year (holiday year January – December)
We require applicants with a good level of concentration, focused and with a strong work ethic for our busy production department.