The job is for a qualified Class 2 LGV driver with a current Driver CPC and a digital tachograph card and encompasses the following:
- To undertake steel deliveries to various customers largely in the Lancashire and Yorkshire areas.
This will involve:
- Loading your own vehicles in the morning and occasionally in the afternoon for the following day.
- Ensuring that your vehicle is cleaned inside and out on a regular basis.
- Ensure full compliance with current tachograph regulations.
- Always ensuring that you do not overload your vehicle. Pulman’s have their own axle weighbridge.
- Pulman’s expect our drivers to show good defensive driving techniques and have a positive, friendly approach to our customers and members of the public.
- The job will entail a fair degree of manual offloading of orders.
On occasional quiet days you may be asked to help in the works, this will involve:
- Picking steel to satisfy customer orders and for internal processing.
- Transferring stock between our various departments.
The successful applicant will be trained to operate our overhead cranes.
The successful applicant will need to show a strong healthy attitude to Health and Safety and constantly work within our Health and Safety policy. PPE will be supplied and must be worn at all times within our works.
Hours: Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 7.00 a.m. till 15.45 p.m. with a 45 minute unpaid break for lunch
Friday –7.00 a.m. till 14.45 a.m. with a 45 minute unpaid break for lunch
(Starting time, by arrangement, can vary between 6.00 am and 8.00 am)
Please note these may change to meet the needs of the business
Please ring 01422 317505 for an application form
Salary: £18,617.04 per annum + £4.00/day meal allowance.
During the week overtime is paid at time and on a Saturday at time and a half. There are no nights away.
Holidays: 25 days per year + 8 bank holidays (holiday year January – December)
We require applicants with a good level of concentration, focussed and with a strong work ethic for our busy transport department.