Salary/Rate : £24,000 - £26,000 subject to experience
We are a well-established steel processing centre based in Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, in the process of setting up a small machining shop. We are in need of an experienced multi skilled CNC Machining Centre Operator to perform programming, setting and operating duties, as well as help develop the machining shop as it grows. Training of on-site personal would also be required.
- To programme, set and operate a CNC Machining Centre with FANUC controller
- Working mainly with mild steel, machining to customers’ orders.
- Working on small, medium and large batch work and fully skilled to program, set and operate amongst others CNC machining centres with FANUC control.
- Interpret engineering drawings and job routings to setup and program a wide range of operations including drilling, milling, chamfering and tapping on both repeat and new components.
- Identify and utilise best practice methods for work holding, tight tolerance machining and tooling.
- Have experience in quoting times/costs for jobs.
- Work to tight time lines and multi-task in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Use all types of inspection equipment to verify component quality, and introduce a quality system.
The ability to work alone or in a team, with the skills to run your own small machining shop.
Ideally you will be a time served apprentice with a wide range of engineering experience.
Good IT skills as well as programming skills are essential
Pro-active team player with good inter-personal and motivational skills.
We require applicants with a good level of concentration, focussed and with a strong work ethic for our busy company
Hours of work: 39 hours per week:
Monday – Thursday 8.00 a.m. till 4.30 p.m. with 30 minutes unpaid break and 10 minutes paid break
Friday - 8.30 a.m. till 4.00 p.m. with 30 minutes unpaid break and 10 minutes paid break
Please note these may change to meet the needs of the business
Holidays : 25 days per year + 8 bank holidays (holiday year January – December)
Please ring 01422 317505 for an application form or visit